Science and Tech
- Wake Up The Giant
- Tuesday, 06 October 2015 00:01
Monsanto started as a chemical company that brought the world poisons like Agent Orange and Roundup. Now they are better known for their domination of Genetically Modified Agriculture, owning nearly 90% of staple GMO crops
such as corn (which is seen in nearly all food as high fructose corn syrup), soy, and cotton. Independent studies show that GMO “frankenfood” has been linked to organ failure, and a recent Russian study has concluded near-total sterility in GMO-soy-fed hamsters by the third generation. Despite these and many other legitimate health concerns, it is unlikely that the Monsanto-controlled FDA will curb the growth of GMO foods, while the USDA’s biotechnology risk assessment research arm has $3 million at its disposal. Of course the industry-funded studies show that the effects of GMO on human health are “negligible.”
This makes you want to question if they are really telling the truth, or just persuaded by large sums of money to “slightly modify” the truth.
- Toxic GMO compounds found in nearly 100% of pregnant women and their fetuses.
- South Africa publishes updated GMO labeling requirements after food producers violated the law.
- Monsanto fails at attempt to explain tumors that were caused by GM corn.
- Europe-wide ban on Monsanto GM corn imminent in wake of French study linking it to cancer.
- Russian scientists discover GMO’s cause animals to lose their ability to reproduce.
- Monsanto suing DuPont to see who will dominate the world’s food supply.
- New technology can detect as little as .1% GMO contamination in crops.
- Poland’s “Festival of Nature and Culture” takes unified stand against GMOs.
- 70% of world’s raw chocolate soon to be genetically modified.
- Nikola Aleksic, Serbian ecology leader arrested for openly defying GMOs and chemtrails.
- The USDA deregulated all new genetically modified crops.
- Peru implements ten-year ban on GMOs.
- Organic farmers sue Monsanto over GMO seeds.
- “Monsanto should not have to vouchsafe the safety of biotech food. Our interest is in selling as much of it as possible. Assuring its safety is the FDA’s job.” – Phil Angell, Monsanto’s director of corporate communications, quoted in the New York Times, October 25, 1998.
How to Avoid Genetically Modified Foods:
1. Buy food labeled 100% organic (“free-range,” “natural,” or “cage-free” does not necessarily mean GE-free for eggs.)
2. Seek products that are specifically labeled as non-GM or GMO-free.
3. Do not consider a product 100% organic if it is only USDA Organic Certified.
4. Fruit and Vegetable label numbers should be 5-digits long and begin with the number 9, meaning it’s organic.
5. Purchase beef that is 100% grass-fed.
6. Shop locally.
7. Buy whole foods that you can cook and prepare yourself… in other words, stay away from any processed foods.
8. Grow your own food.